Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Day 89 "Live every day as if it were eternal."

Day 89

Matthew 10:24-26 "A disciple is not above his teacher, nor a servant above his master. It is enough for a disciple that he be like his teacher, and a servant like his master. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more will they call those of his household! Therefore do not fear them. For there is nothing covered that will not be revealed, and hidden that will not be known."

So, how does one get such a strong Kingdom mind-set that they are able to realize with great comfort that everything in this life truly is contradictory to who we are in Christ? Surely, this must be the seed of the greatest struggle we as mankind experience here on this earth. After all, if we could get a handle on that fact, I believe that almost every aspect of our being would be changed, and our daily existence and priorities would be transformed.

Think about it like this: if every decision I made or action I took for the next 24 hours was one-hundred percent based upon eternal thinking, what would be different? Maybe an easier way to understand the impact would be to examine the actions of our prior 24 hours and determine how that would have been affected. If I am walking with the conviction that my teacher is Christ and that I am in no way above Him, how does that change where and who I am today? Am I taking the things He has taught me and applying them to my own life–things like unconditional love, grace, mercy, self-sacrifice unto death, patience, and a drive to share this message–to people who may hate me and definitely, in most cases, ridicule me? If I am honest with myself, the answer is no, but I'm trying. Am I living my life and making decisions as though my master is the God who created the universe, the one who created not just the universe I see and the world I inhabit, but rather all universes and all worlds, for all time? Do I respond to every aspect of life as one who respects, admires, and is submitted to His commands, His desires, and His will for me? Again, if I answer honestly with myself and with you, the answer is no, but I'm trying. The beauty of our God and our Savior is that to be trying, really trying is all He requires of us. All He asks is that we be a people who desire to please and fellowship with Him. How amazing is that?

Daily Prayer: I love you Lord, and I thank You that You would accept me for who I am and allow me to work toward who you desire me to be. Teach me, be patient with me, and accept my humble praise, for you are worthy Oh God. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

"Live every day as if it were eternal."

Pastor Gene Burroughs

No comments:

Post a Comment