Thursday, December 8, 2011

Day 96 "My belief can leads to His blessing."

Day 96

Matthew 11:4-6 Jesus answered and said to them, "Go and tell John the things which you hear and see: The blind see and the lame walk; lepers are cleansed and the deaf hear; the dead are raised up and the poor have the gospel preached to them. And blessed is He who is not offended because of Me."

John the Baptist is in prison when he hears that Jesus is in the area and things are happening, and now he is wondering if this is the same man he baptized in the Jordan, because he knows that man was the Messiah. All of that aside, look at the response of Jesus–He doesn't say yes, He says look around you at the things that are happening–they are the proof they seek, for only God can do such things.

Let me ask you, are there miracles happening in your house of worship? Are the poor being treated with the same regard and respect as the rich? Are the sick cleansed, and is the gospel being preached? Is Jesus in the house or are you or maybe others offended at that very thought? By the way, I didn't say it; He did. I'm just repeating it back. The truth is this, when Jesus is around, there is evidence of His presence and no one has to wonder; they just need to realize the obvious–things are taking place which men cannot do!

Why is it that people are amazed when, at our outreaches, we see miracles; we see healings; we see redemption; we see evidence of God; and we hear the gospel preached? Why anyone should be amazed by this is beyond me, when in reality, we should expect it! I'm not talking about men performing miracles–God doesn't need that. I'm talking about God in His miraculous way causing miracles to happen and changes to take place that give no glory to any man or woman. He says, if we ask, He will be faithful to hear us. We don't need a priest, a pastor, or a healer–He is all of that and more. All we need is Jesus, a willing heart, and an open mind. We need to not be offended because of Him, but rather blessed by His presence!

Let me ask this, “Why is it so hard for many people to believe that God can and will do these things?” Does He love us less than the people of Jesus’ time on earth or is He tired, or maybe He just wants to see us suffer?” Sound ridiculous? Of course it does, because it is. Jesus Christ is "The same yesterday, today, and forever." So, why don't we see Him moving? – because we’re not looking. If people want to live their lives keeping God in a box, that’s their business, but as for me and my house, we choose to see and receive all He chooses to give, and all we have to do is believe!

Daily Prayer: Father, I choose to believe that You, Your Son, and Your Holy Spirit are alive and well, and that you desire to do the same miracles today that you have always done. Strengthen my faith, and please forgive me for my doubts. In Jesus’ name I pray these things. Amen.

"My belief can leads to His blessing."

Pastor Gene Burroughs

No comments:

Post a Comment