Tuesday, December 6, 2011

day 94 "Not everything we hear tickles our ear, nor should it."

Day 94

Matthew 10:40-42 "He who receives you receives Me, and He who receives Me receives Him who sent Me. He who receives a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet’s reward. And he who receives a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward. And whoever gives one of these little ones only a cup of cold water in the name of a disciple, assuredly, I say to you, he shall by no means lose his reward."

Blessing by association, how cool is that? Jesus is so concerned for and aware of the challenges those who serve in ministry face, that He actually promises blessings for those who care for them. So, why is it that, even though blessings and great rewards are promised, the tendency really is to be more judgmental than receptive to God's messengers?

A few years ago, I was ministering with my team in a community that is seeped in deep roots of spiritual bondage; it was so strong that, upon driving through this community, my spirit would weep and the hurt became overwhelming at times. The Holy Spirit, during a time of corporate prayer and worship, revealed to me in great detail the cause of and cure for this great oppression, and thus I spoke it out. The same vision was given to another person in the room, and as we found out a few days later, another person had prophesied a very similar vision years earlier. The local pastors became very enraged with me; one even became so angry he asked me to stop ministering in the community and accused me of many untrue and hurtful things. Yet even though I knew the truth of this Word, I was equally aware that, if these leaders would not accept it and react to it, the blood of the people would be upon their hands, not mine. To this day, the community is embedded in spiritual warfare, depression, addiction and so much more. You see, it wasn't me they rejected; it was the Word of the Lord they rejected. Had they accepted this Word, they would be blessed yet, out of pride and fear, they have chosen not to; thus, I believe they were cursed. The good news is the Lord has not turned His back on these folks, if they turn to Him He will hear.

The Lord loves His people and He will save whom He chooses to save, and He will curse whom He chooses to curse. We would do well, however, to receive and bless all of those who come in the name of our one true God, even if what they say challenges us.

Daily Prayer: Father, I pray for the wisdom to recognize any spirit which is not of and from You. Please help me, Lord, to recognize false teachings and false prophets who come in Your name and to follow the one true God. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

"Not everything we hear tickles our ear, nor should it."

Pastor Gene Burroughs

No comments:

Post a Comment