Friday, December 2, 2011

Day 91 "Excuses satisfy the people that make them, and no one else." – Barbara Gaboury

Day 91

Matthew 10:29-33 "Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father’s will. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows. Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him also I will confess before My Father, who is in heaven. But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before my Father who is in heaven."

Two sparrows, each worth about half a penny; yet no harm can come to them without God's approval and will. You and I are creations of the King, more valuable than the blood of His Son, so what are we afraid of ?

Well, if I tell my coworker about Jesus, I could get fired! Not without God's OK, and if He allows it, He has better things waiting for you. Shake off the dust! People around the office really like me; they think I'm funny. I don't want them to get all weird toward me! What are you compromising to be accepted by those around you? Don't forget who you are–He wasn't accepted. My family already thinks the Church has brainwashed me, I don't want to make it worse by preaching at them. Why do they think you’re brainwashed? What are you doing that causes them to think this life was not your choice? Stop quoting the pastor, and start living what he's preaching. A little beer now and then never hurt anyone; after all, all of my friends drink. They'll think I'm a prude or something. No, they won't. That's just your excuse. True friends will respect your decision, and they may even follow your lead. Everyone does it. It's just a fact of life, and I'm not hurting anyone else.

Whatever came to mind (if anything did) is not holy or glorifying to God, and you should seek help, if needed, to make drastic changes in your lifestyle. You don't understand. It’s so hard out there. Your right, I probably don't, but He does, and His Word says this: "With God all things are possible." They’re just pictures and videos; it's not like I'm having an affair or anything. I'll let the Holy Spirit answer that one, at least if you're wise enough to ask! But I don't know what to say when people ask me about the Lord or the Bible, I'm not a preacher or anything! Matthew 10:19: "For it will be given to you in that hour what you should speak." But I didn't tell people I was a Christian, and now I'm afraid I'm not saved or He won't forgive me! John 3:17: "For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved." God is not in the business of condemning; He is in the practice of redeeming!

You see, no matter what the excuse, it's just that, an excuse, a reason we manufacture to keep from doing that which we know we should do, and like my momma says, "Excuses only satisfy the one who makes them." It's not really that hard. All we have to do is take a step; God truly will do the rest. He will break bondage, release fears, and heal wounds; after all, He knows every hair on your head!

Daily Prayer: Father God, my desire is to please you and to live a life worthy of the sacrifice of your Son. I know that it is impossible, but give me the strength to do all that I can to glorify You. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

"Excuses satisfy the people that make them, and no one else." – Barbara Gaboury

Pastor Gene Burroughs

No comments:

Post a Comment