Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Day 143 "The joys and toys of heaven cannot be compared to the ones of earth."

Day 143 Matthew 16:27-28 For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works. Assuredly, I say to you, there are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.” There is coming a day when each one of us will stand before our Savior and be rewarded for what we have accomplished in this life. Have you ever wondered what that day will be like? Will there be joy or shoulda, coulda, woulda coming from your mouth? I don't ask in order that I may judge; I simply ask to challenge. I ask because the day is coming, and we should all seek to be rewarded well. After all, if we have been denying the world’s joys and toys, shouldn't we be pursuing and excited about receiving heaven’s joys and toys? I can remember as a small child growing up in Eureka, California. Christmas was a big deal for our families. At the time, my parents and most of my aunts and uncles were all married to their first spouses, so all of us cousins would gather with our parents, grandparents, and aunts and uncles, and, of course, we couldn't wait to see what great presents we were going to receive. The greatest anticipation was in not knowing what was in the wrapped box. We knew it would be good because, after all, our parents and family members had purchased them for us, and they never gave us gifts that were bad. Truly, the only question on our minds was just how good is each one going to be? I want to have that same joy and excitement in my heart for the day Jesus returns. I know He loves me, and I know that he is going to give me useful treasures that will last for an eternity. Wow! I can't wait, how about you? Daily Prayer: Father, may I live each day in eager anticipation for the return of Jesus. Help me, Lord, to stay focused and seek You first every day, then maybe I can remember that You have great gifts for me every day! In Jesus’ name I ask these things. Amen. "The joys and toys of heaven cannot be compared to the ones of earth." Pastor Gene Burroughs

No comments:

Post a Comment