Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Wdnesday December 9th our anniversary!

Well yes you have it today is our 31st wedding anniversary, yahoo!!! And we have receieved a reprieve from bad news, Dawn's doctor appointment for today has been postponed until Monday afternoon due to test results that we are waiting on not being available today. Now while some (including initialy myself) would be rather upset by this we must remember who is truly in control of all circumstances in our lives. I am reminded of that great book, "Prison to Praise" that changed so many lives, which reminds us of the great peace and power that comes with living in the realization that God truly is in control of everything, even the stoplights! When you are in the position Dawn and I are in you realize that all the world has to offer is truly not enough, how quickly mankind can run out of answers, and how easy it would be to lose hope if that were all we had. You see that while the doctors are without answers and somewhat discouraging in thier prognosis, we remain confident that they are not, nor will they provide the final answer. After all man was not made by man, his innerparts were formed by the God of all creation, therefore He alone can provide the answers that man seeks yet knows he will not find. Thank you God today for hope, and for another anniversary that Dawn and I will celebrate together. Today we are off to the Obrien Mountain Inn to relax, snack, and watch old movies, while our daughters spend the night with some of our dear friends. We thank all of you daily for your Love, Support, Prayers, Meals, Transportation, and SO MUCH MORE!!!
We love you all and pray God's blessings upon you!
Oh one more thought, maybe the Thursday time of prayer and fasting will lead to Dawn's complete healing and then there will be no Chemo, that would be kewl!
Bless You Gene, Dawn, Natalie, and Michaela

8 comments:

  1. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! Have a wonderful time up at O'Brien Mountain Inn, and God Bless you and your family. Give Dawn big hugs and kisses from us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! My prayers are with you daily. I am living proof that our mighty God heals and gives us what we need. Please, with my recent past experience you are very close to my heart. Let me know if I can do anything for you. I remember when I first found out I didn't want to really "deal" with it but if you want to talk to someone who has been there please call me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! I love you both and have the image of your two faces next to each other and you are lovingly, laughing your hearts out. Have a blessed time up there.
    Your sister and friend,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea! Happy anniversary! Seriously today thank you for both being such a great example for me of what a marriage built on The Rock looks like. Thank you Dawn for encouraging and helping guide me so that I can have that for myself someday :) Yes and AMEN for total healing Thursday! Being the Christmas season I am so reminded that our God is God of the imposable. God came in the flesh from a virgin birth, doctors cannot explain that one, nor will they be able to explain Dawn's total healing. We know to whom ALL glory and praise is DUE! Thank you Jesus!

    Love you guys! Old movies = westerns I am sure. haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll I can say right now is happy happy day & AMEN!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary!! When I read that you 2 were going to O'brian and snacks and old movies were involved I got the biggest smile on my face. I can just picture you two spending the day together. Dawn you are my role model of how a godly wife should be, and I want to thank you for that. You two mean the world to me. Have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so thankful for great examples of Love and endurance. I would also have to say Dawn you have endured with that Gene. (I am snickering if you can hear it through the typing)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I finally found you! YEAH! I SO wanted to let you know that my love,support and prayers are with all of your family! PLEASE let me know what I can do to help....and KNOW that prayers are POURING in for you all! God's love is real and true! I believe in miracles.

    ReplyDelete