Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas is over

Yes it is over and in many ways I must confess that I am pleased that it is, because in case you haven't noticed Christmas is a lot of work! That said I am so grateful that Dawn was able to enjoy Christmas with our family, and while there were periods of time where she needed her rest she was truly able to spend most of her time enjoying her children, grandchildren, son in law, nieces, nephews, parents, brother, sister in law, and yes even our favorite Washington State cousin, Gretchen. We truly had a wonderful time of fellowship and sharing of memories!
Saturday however held a very special blessing for Dawn and I as earlier in the week a friend had contacted me and asked if he could send some folks over to pray for Dawn, and we agreed. So somehwere around three when all of the children and grandchildren had headed off to Medford two men came by to pray and share with Dawn and I. I must admit I was somewhat skeptical as I did not know them however we were both fully confident that we were called to do this. Within just a very few moments our confidence was bolstered as we recognized the same Spirit that dwells within us in these men. As they began to share and speak words of encouragement the Lord quickly revealed to them things about Dawn and I that very few people know, promises the Lord had given, giftings the Lord has called us to walk in and so on. I must say that our confidence in the Lord was bolstered as well as our belief that not only can God heal, but that He is going to heal Dawn. After we had been praying for quite some time Gretchen came in and joined us, and immedeatly one of the men asked if he could pray for her and he began to prophesy over her as well, again affirming that which we knew but they did not, at least not on thier own.
I must say that I have awaken this morning with new hope in Christ, no longer do I fear waking and finding my wife absent from her body, I now awaken with an anticipation of her complete healing of that body. You see when people speak truth into areas of your life and the lives of others, truths that only God knows there can only be one conclusion, that they are hearing fom Him. If they are repeating what they hear from Him, then that which they speak is a promise, a truth, a reality from Him, through them, to you, and let me say that what they spoke was very much a prophetic utterance from the Lord!
Before I continue I find that I must digress and share something else that happened yesterday in order to better make my point. My youngest daughter Michaela and I ran to the store to pick up a few things and while there we ran across an aquantance from Little Country, someone whom we have known for over 2o yrs. When I shared with her that we were believing God for a miracle in Dawn's (and our) life, she proceeded to tell me of a story of her friend who had the same form of cancer. How her friend was one moment looking amazing and the next simply did not wake up! Yes this was in front of my daughter! And yes we left wihout so much as a good bye, I mean come on how insensitive can you be? Well let me just say that she was not the first and I am confident she will not be the last who have attempted to sow such seeds of doubt. Now back to the point; if you hear me say "get behind me satan" you will understand why, for you see we will not be receiving such seeds any longer, those can be planted in the soil of those who desire them of which we are not! the Lord has called us to a powerful work in the City of Shasta Lake, the transformation of a community and the enemy has sought to bring death and destruction to my home in order to prevent that work, I will not receive it, nor will my wife nor my children! We are children of the Most High God and He alone will be our judge, our strength, our healer, our provision, and our salvation, so please join us as we proclaim and receive the healing which God has for Dawn, and the fulfillment of the promises which He has made in order that the work He has called us to can be done!

12 comments:

  1. Amen! Amen! Amen! I'm walking in agreement with you for healing for Dawn. I pray that I'm never a friend like Job friends were to you guys and feel free to tell me if I ever stop walking in faith. Miss you guys! Lots of love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine the encouragement and hope this has ignited in you! Hallelujah! It stirs me even more to prayer, to faith, to an anticipation of what God will do. O God, bring it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, yes, & yes! im sitting at the airport in San Francisco and i have such big ole goose bumps as i read this. U do have so many promises and i know our Father is the Great Physician. i only want to speak truth into your life. The Truth (the Word of God) will set u free from cancer my friend Dawn! I love you! Looking forward to hearing shouts from the rooftop! Our God Reigns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen, amen, and a MILLION amens!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen Gene and Dawn ~ Our God is an awesome God and faithful to His promises! I too, am walking in agreeement with you for Dawn's physical healing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, yes, yes!!! I am agreeing with you in truth and always desiring agreement with the Spirit of the Lord God! Let it be, let it be!
    Cara Osborne

    ReplyDelete
  7. God is so great, sending you very specific encouragement at a very specific time. He holds ALL the details and loves you very much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is written, "By His stripes, we ARE healed!!" I'm taking authority, shoving it in Satan's face, and thanking God for Dawn's healing! I love you guys so much. <3 Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amen Brother!!!! you are absolutely right, only God knows and numbers Dawns days, and to send men to you to confirm His promises and bring His joy, hallelujiah!!! we will continue to be in prayer for you, your lovely bride and your beautiful girls, for strength, peace, anticipation. Thank you Jesus, He is the author and perfector of our faith. luv u brother

    ReplyDelete
  10. I woke up this A.M. and the Lord gave me these verses for you, THEN I read the blog (which I haven't read since the 19th). God is faithful!
    "Assuredly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to the mountain, 'Be removed and be cast into the sea," it will be done.
    And whatever things you ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YOU WILL RECEIVE."
    I believe! Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. BELIEVING FOR PHYSICAL HEALING!! CANCER GONE IN JESUS NAME!!! I'm so with you guys. What an amazing, encouraging word from the 'sent ones' !!
    God gave me Psalm 34:1-8 for you guys this morning! We're pressing through! Praying through to victory!! "LORD, LET YOUR GLORY FALL!!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  12. AMEN and AMEN..I believe and anticipate this victory for you in the Heavenlies! "No weapon formed against you shall prosper!"
    "Oh, clap your hands, all you peoples! Shout to God with the voice of triumph." TRIUMPH..TRIUMPH..VICTORY IN THE MIGHTY NAME OF JESUS. I love you guys.

    ReplyDelete