Friday, December 11, 2009

Friday December 11

Matthew 7:24-27 This is the passage I awoke thinking of today, that our home is built upon the Rock and no matter waht is going on around us we will not fall! I actually have wondered what would happen with my walk with God if I were faced with just a small taste of the trials Job faced. I wondered would I continue to hang on to God, or would it be easier to just give in and go back to my former ways? Well now I have the answer, the reality is that the more intense the battle the more I find myself drawn to Him, the more intense the trial the more I understand that He is our God, our refuge, our strength, our all in all, there would be no hope, no joy, no vision, nothing but blank space without Him right now. Today dawn and I are confident in His love for us and your love for us as well, we are humbled by so many people who have blessed us, Thank You so much! By the way if you would like to send Dawn a message her email is dawn@littlecountrychurch.org she truly does enjoy hearing from you, she may not feel up to replying so don't feel bad if you don't hear back from her.
Bless you all
Gene

2 comments:

  1. Gene,

    It is so true that the more intense the trial the closer we draw to our Lord and the closer he draws us to him. He is so faithful to carry us through the times that we never thought we would be able to go through. But with our Lord he gives us the grace to make it through.

    I still amazed at how he carried me through the past 2 years. I just know that he was in control and praise to him for that because I know I could not have made it without him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gene, On Monday of this week, IK laid my bible before me and prayed for God to send me to the passage I must read for better understanding.
    It was the book of Job.
    I read through what I had already learned and revied my notes diligently. I had decided when Brian had preached on Job the last year I was ikn Redding it actually had been my favorite book of learning about times past of Gods people.
    Monday I read with inttensity.
    Funny thing was I wanted to share with you what God had laid before me and talk to you about it. I did not for obvious reasons, your in the middle of something & I will not just call my brother just to "chat". But I somehow wanted to share..I wanted to share what you had written today on your blog.
    I am in awe of what HE gave me, I am very blessed God gave me a word, perhaps next time I shall write my favorite brother and tell him.
    I love you Gene and am very much in agreement with you, never go back to those ways that was a season, not WHO you are nor ever was.

    ReplyDelete