Friday, January 22, 2010

What matters today?

For as long as I can remember (into my early childhood), there has been an overwhelming sense within me that I would be alive to witness the return of Jesus. This feeling has been one that has never retreated or faded but in actuality it has become stronger with time, and with every passing day I believe it more and more. As I have read and studied to a certain degree the signs of the return of Christ there are a number of areas that one would say are quickly coming to fruition. Things such as wars, rumors of wars, increased earthquake activity, famine, diseases that are unkown in origin and so on, and all are increasing at an alarming rate. When you read the prophesy or proclamation of what "will be the signs" of His return you cannot help but be amazed, even if you are not a believer you cannot deny the factual scientific data that agrees with the word of God. By the way don't worry this will get back to an update on Dawn, please bare with me. The comfort that comes to those of us who do believe when we are in the midst of trials is incredibly strengthened when we see these things coming to be. However even if we were not witnessing such events taking place we would still remain in that place of confidence and comfort not because of what we see but rather what we believe, and right now I believe that we are not far from the return of Christ. Back to the point; in my home we are fully aware that Dawn without a miraculous healing will be joining our Lord in Heaven much sooner than our flesh would like. As a result our lives are being lived much differently than they were before we were told of her illness. In the blink of an eye many of those things that were important have since become completely irrelevant. Why would that be you ask? If you are not asking why perhaps you should be, you see I am asking that question, I am actually daily asking myself why. If the signs are all around me that the return of Christ appears to be soon then why am I still allowing myself to be distracted to the point of living completely contrary to my belief. If life on earth is temporal and temporary, if our time on this earth truly is not even mathematicaly capable of being compared to time eternal then why do we expend so much time and effort on it. Why do we not only allow but also create distractions that cause fatuige, frustration, and pain all the while keeping ourselves from preparing for our eternal future which holds great promises of joy, peace, fellowship and so much more.
You see in my home these are some of the things that have become important to us: conversation, time, sharing memories, making memories, encouragement, love, expressions of compassion, holding hands, sitting in the same room together, prayer, reading the word, edification, and joy. These are some of the things that no longer matter: anything that interferes with what is important to us.
So now when I take the time to update you on how Dawn is doing please know this my friends, those things I have listed as important, to the best of our ability that is what we are doing and my prayer is that after her healing we will continue to do so. As for her health, this round of chemo went much better for her, she has regained her color more quickly and to a certain degree she really looks better than she has in weeks. She remains quite tired, yet much of that is form the meds. Please pray for her nausea to go away, for once it is gone two very powerful meds can be gone as well. Also please pray for myself, just today I had an unbelievable tooth and jaw ache start and I am on antibiotics and pain meds which are doing nothing to allieve the pain. It is no doubt an attack as I went up to Shasta Lake this week and worked on things and boom here come the afflictions! We are so appreciative of all of you and blessed beyond measure to have such a great group of friends supporting us, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!

PS To those who call themselves progressive, educated, and view themselves as intellectuals I would say this: "if you have not read the Biblical account of the end times you need to". For anyone who is truly in search of wisdom reads and studies all available resources not just those that line up with thier particular point of view. I am confident that having done so you to would agree that the end of life as we understand it could be coming to an end, the question is are you open minded enough to admit that you may be wrong?

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your writtings. It always gives me "food for thought"I think about what I have read for long after I have left your site. Thank you VERY much for sharing your thoughts ,prayers, and feelings. All who know you or of you are prayer for the Lords will, mercy and stength for all of you. Thank you again you bless so many.Love in Christ, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. Amen
    You have our continued prayers for strength for the day, peace and rest.
    Bless you all.
    Susan and family

    ReplyDelete