Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Chemo Day and more

Well Yesterday Tuesday Jan 4th Dawn had her first chemo treatment at Ownens healthcare infusion center. What an amazing group of people, they were extremely helpful, compassionate, and accomodating, very professional team and I can honestly say "thank you Jesus". As I have mentioned on occasion the care we have received to this point has been a little on the frustrating side and definitely less than professional in it's approach. However that being said it was the holiday season and there was much upheaval taking place in the local cancer care community.
As for the actual treatment Dawn seems to have handled it well, many changes in her body during the night, chills, pain, etc. but over all I believe she is doing as well or better than expected. In one week she will have a very important and difinitive blood test that will inform us as to how her body is reacting to the treatment. As for the rest of the family we would appreciate your prayers for the girls in particular, the reality of the possibility of losing mom is hitting home as they see her going through so much pain. The girls have so much faith and they are all three confident in where mom will go if she passess, yet no matter how much faith you have losing your mom at such an early age (or any other age) is so and painful. Today I am setting up some times for folks to meet with the Natalie and Michaela and help them through what they are feeling. Last night as the three of us talked about what we were going through they both agreed that they would like some outside and individual help.
Well that is the update for today I pray that this is as helpful for all of you to read as it is for me to write, good therapy!
As for me, I continue to be Dad, caregiver, and Pastor of Shasta Lake and right now there is not a whole lot else left but I am ok.
Bless you all
Gene

5 comments:

  1. God is still in control. We are going to Quartzsite today and will be on our cell. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Show me your ways O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. Remember, O Lord, your great mercy and love, for they are from of old. Psalm 25:4-6
    Dawn & Gene- We love you all and we are praying for you and your family.
    The Krueger Family

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can identify with your frustrating experiences with health professionals. Sometimes, I think many of them put walls up for self preservation, especialy when dealing with the seriously ill or injured; and others are so consumed with rules, they forget that the patient/patient's family are really human beings behind all of their questions, uncertainties and concerns. No matter what, stand firm in what you know and believe and praise God constantly! He IS in control! He will fill you with peace beyond measure, and you will dance with joy even at the most unlikely times - and THAT really confuses people who don't know who you are in the Lord! Louie and I pray for you, your family, and Shasta Lake Church, daily!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am glad to hear that the girls will be talking with someone, i would love to give them a ride if you need me too, luv u all and praying, God wakens me in the wee hours of the morning for that so am assuming that is when alot of spiritual warfare is going on, the great news is, our GOD wins!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bless you Gene As you are true blessing all of us! The girls are sooooo lucky to have you! as always you are in our thoughts & prayers & we love you all!!!

    ReplyDelete