Friday, January 8, 2010

Waging War

This morning I was reading in Acts chapter five, as the disiples are being persecuted the one consistent note was they they continued to preach Jesus! They weren't whining and complaining about being thrown in jail, but rather rejoicing that an angel had released them to go preach more. Once they were beaten they didn't run into hiding and nurse thier wounds, no they went back to preaching! Honestly this morning I find myslef with the desire, yet the fire has become coals and embers, my body is screaming how tired it is, my mind wants to shut down, yet my family needs me to be strong. Then I return to the Apostles and I think what's wrong with me I can do this, I can preach the Gopsel, see blind men restored, and lame walk! You see no matter how tired I become in my flesh I know that God is desiring to use all of this for His glory, otherwise Dawn would not be afflicted, and that keeps me going. Just thinking about it and writing about it causes a wind to blow across the embers, and fire to be re-kindled, yes my flesh is dead, but my spirit is alive! And if there is one thing I have learned through all of this it is that we cannot allow our flesh to dictate our actions, our flesh seeks to be satisfied, it is selfish, hungry, and far from God! Our spirit on the other hand seeks to be restored, our spirit has been sperated from it's creator by sin and every spirit is seeking to be restored to it's creator, WOW! Have you ever thought about that, that when Adam and Eve fell there became a seperation of the sprits ability to commune with it's creator and that seperation was the flesh, no wonder there is a constant battle, no wonder so many are lost, no wonder so many peoploe are seeking in so many of the wrong places for thier spirit to find peace. The problem is that nothing found pursuing the satisfaction, or gratification of the flesh will bring reunion for the spirit and it's creator. The flesh is so selfish it's only desire is to be satisfied, and it will use every means possible to do so, drugs, fantasy, illusion, food, and so much more. And the very moment that our spirit begins to rise up and progress toward reunion with it's maker the flesh responds and cries out, after all the ultimate reunion results in the death of the flesh therefore it's fight is for it's very survival! It is almost as if everything I do to satisfy my flesh causes my spirit to suffer and visa versa, come on folks this is life transforming stuff, this is the stuff that causes the enemy to scream in agony, this is not the message he wants put out there, which makes it so much more important that we do! I for one refuse to allow the flesh to dictate my actions any more, I am purposing in my heart and in my life to win this battle on a daily basis, please join me in this war, for our enemy seeks all he can to prevent this understanding to come upon the masses.
I do think it is rather ironic that the very attack satan has waged upon my family is now one of the the greatest tools that has ever been used to help us understand our God and in turn defeat the devil!!!
As for Dawn she is resting very quietly in the hospital, she needs the rest to fight off the infection the source of which they still have not located. This infection really is the key to her physical healing at this point. This is something that I believe has been an issue since she was first diagnosed and yet it has been overlooked for far to long! Thank you for your continued prayers and please remember the girls they are truly struggling with the possibility of mom being gone and they are in pain of course. Knowing where someone is going doesn't change the fact that short of the miraculous she will not be here to love and be love on, that's a big hole!

2 comments:

  1. we are indeed in a war my brother, and thank you God we have read the end of the book and know who wins, but that does not make the battle any less fierce or painful. we are lifting your girls up, it would be a huge hole, but yes we will go on believing that God will do the miraculous for His glory!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The battle is definitely raging on.....and so we continue to rage back! We choose every day to relentlessly keep striking at the enemy of our souls!! As we all unify in prayer we will, as a very spirit filled man of God once taught me, be like the muscocks (?) and stand unified, arm in arm encircling those we are now called to 'cover' and protect through prayer.....our beloved friends and family, the Burroughs....IN JESUS NAME AMEN!

    ReplyDelete