Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Trusting Jesus

“IF I TRUST HIM FOR EVERYTHING, I WILL WORRY ABOUT NOTHING.” “Agree with your adversary quickly, while you are on the way with him, lest your adversary deliver you to the judge, the judge hand you over to the officer, and you be thrown into prison. Assuredly, I say to you, you will by no means get out of there till you have paid the last penny” (Matt. 5:25-26). In the midst of instruction to His disciples, Jesus throws in what seems to be a random line about agreeing with your adversary or those who are against you. First, we need to understand that under Mosaic Law, if someone accuses you of something and he has two witnesses, you are found guilty. Now, you can imagine how corruptible such a system could become. If you upset someone, it would be rather easy for him to pay a couple of people to lie about you, and suddenly, you would find yourself in jail, even though you are innocent of all charges. Therefore, it is much easier to arrive at a mutual agreement with someone rather than bow your neck, fight it out, end up in prison, and still pay out even more in the end. Is it possible that, in this scenario, Jesus is actually trying to tell us to place our trust in Him in all things? You see, if someone attacks you in order to take from you something he desires, God is more than able to replace what you have lost. I believe, in most cases, the Lord will give us even more or better than what we have lost. The reality is, trusting God in all things can be one of the most freeing activities one can undertake. When I completely and absolutely trust the Lord with everything I have–all of my possessions, all of my fears, doubts, and wants–I no longer need to protect them. Everything we own we tend to want to protect and care for, yet once we surrender them to God, we become free from that responsibility. Think about it, if God owns the things I care for, then anyone who desires to take them is taking them from Him, not me! While I may be able to inflict momentary pain upon him, the God of the universe is capable of inflicting eternal misery! Now, while it is not about who can inflict the most pain, it can be somewhat comforting to know this truth. The greater lesson here for us is to become able to let go and let God care for everything in our lives. To come to a place where we are able to trust Him for not only our provision but our protection, as well, is an amazing achievement. I would implore you to trust the Lord with all you have and all you aspire to have. He takes great care of things and the utmost care of you. He is worthy of your trust! MY PRAYER Father, I would ask You give me the faith and confidence to trust You with, and in, all things. I pray I would let go and let You take care of every aspect of my life. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment