Friday, October 21, 2011

Day 47 “The Lord of your life will lead your every move, what or who is your Lord”

Day 47

Matthew 6: 13 And do not lead us in to temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. For Yours is the Kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen

The only true protection any person has from the influence of the devil is God and His authority. The full power of that protection is only available to those who know the Lord and have made Him, “Lord of their life”. The key words here being “the Lord of their life”, which is truly one key aspect to the prayer Jesus is teaching us. You see serving God is more about Him being Lord of your life and a lot less about your security or eternal salvation. When you pray the “Lords Prayer” with sincerity of heart you are in essence saying I surrender to you all that I am, and I acknowledge You as Lord of my life. When this becomes the case our lives take on a new dimension, they become more powerful, and we become better equipped. If God is not just a figurehead but rather the Lord of my life, and if I truly believe all what this scripture is stating, then everything that I encounter as He leads me, is His will, and hence what is better for me. So just what does it mean when we say that God is the Lord of my life? He and His will become my number one desire and obsession, obeying His word, seeking Him daily, allowing Him to be in control. These are the attributes of one allowing God to be the Lord of their life. When we seek to allow God to be our Lord we do much to disarm the power of evil, for no longer do we submit to our fleshly desires, but rather first to the desires of our spirit. There is a peace that passes all understanding once we truly are surrendered to His will for us.
Now before our minds take us into a place of feeling unable or unworthy to attain such perfection let me clarify. This is a place we should all desire and aspire to be, yet understand that very few people have arrived. Therefore we can consider it great joy to know that our God is gracious, merciful, loving and kind, and He will allow us to make mistakes. It should also be of great comfort to know that during this process, as we make the journey, He will not lead us into temptation. That He will deliver us from the evil one, and that He has the power and authority to do so.

God wants to be more than a figurehead in your life, He wants to be Lord, give Him a chance, and allow yourself the chance to walk in that fullness, you will never be disappointed. And remember, He will never leave you, and that He is a patient Lord who will never ask more of you than you can bear.

Daily Prayer: Father God I ask that you teach me to surrender completely to Your will and allow You to be Lord of my life. I know you will never leave me, that You will never harm me, and that You want what is best for me, and I thank You for that in Jesus name I pray, Amen.

“The Lord of your life will lead your every move, what or who is your Lord”

Pastor Gene Burroughs Servant

No comments:

Post a Comment