Monday, February 13, 2012

Day 164 "Those you don't see produce most of what you do see."

Day 164 Matthew 19:27-30 Then Peter answered and said to Him, “See, we have left all and followed You. Therefore what shall we have?” So Jesus said to them, “Assuredly I say to you, that in the regeneration, when the Son of Man sits on the throne of His glory, you who have followed Me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands, for My name’s sake, shall receive a hundredfold, and inherit eternal life. But many who are first will be last, and the last first.” One thing that strikes me very clearly in this passage is that there will be a certain hierarchy in eternity and varying degrees of blessing, yet all who believe will partake in the blessing of eternity with Christ. However, those who give their all on earth and forsake their earthly treasures will indeed be more than compensated for their sacrifice. As I read and write, I can think of many, some famous and some not so famous, who have done just that, given all they have for the furthering of the kingdom and the love of mankind. All whose names I will not mention for they are truly people of humility who desire to have their deeds left unnoticed in order that Christ may be more noticed. I believe that when Jesus ended this passage in verse 30, He was reminding us of two things: works will not gain us favor in the kingdom, and those who are known will not be; yet those who are unknown will be. The quietest of saints, those who have given all they have without fanfare or fame, they shall be rewarded accordingly, for theirs were hearts with pure motivation. I'm not suggesting that famous servants, pastors, and evangelists will not be rewarded for their efforts. First of all, it is not my place, and secondly, it would not be true. However, what I am suggesting is that those who seek fame, wealth, and recognition on earth and use the kingdom to gain it will, quite possibly, be at the end of the line in heaven. However, those who gave all they had, without seeking the fanfare or the recognition, may very well be the first in line, and I dare say we may be surprised at who they are. If you are one of those who serve in such a way, I desire to thank you today and encourage you in the faith. He knows who you are and you above all know that to be true, for I believe few hear Him better than those who seek Him in all humility and quietness. For the rest of us bold and open books, we, too, have the promise of heaven, and well, no matter where I am in line, I'll know I don't deserve to be there, but thank God by His grace I am! Daily Prayer: Father, I do thank you for those humble behind-the-scenes saints who seek Your face and Your desire alone. Please continue to surround us with them that we, too, might benefit from their labor, and teach me, Lord, to be more like You every day. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. "Those you don't see produce most of what you do see." Pastor Gene Burroughs

No comments:

Post a Comment