Thursday, February 9, 2012

Day 160 "Those who love Christ are redeemed by Him, not by any man or his opinion."

Day 160 Matthew 19:11-12 But He said to them, “All cannot accept this saying, but only those to whom it has been given: For there are eunuchs who were born thus from their mother’s womb, and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven’s sake. He who is able to accept it, let him accept it.” Jesus reminds us that, no, not everyone is the same and, yes, everyone is loved by God and to be accepted by men. Many of the people I know who are single have been subjected to out-and-out discrimination by those who think everyone is looking for a mate, when, in fact, this may not be true. For some reason, we have adopted the opinion that everyone must be married to be complete; however, this obviously is not a biblically based opinion. For people who have either chosen or by circumstance spend their lives single, we are instructed to allow them to "accept it," and we are to accept them as complete and whole brothers or sisters in Christ. Once we can accept them as complete in Christ, it will no doubt be easier for them to do so as well. Why do we struggle so much to do so? Is it because we think they’re unhappy single or that they feel incomplete in their lives? Maybe we would do well to remember what assuming does. The fact is that Christ sees every person in fellowship with Him as a whole and complete person. Yes, even the single, the skinny, the overweight, the young and the old, the Eastern, the Western, the Jew, and the Gentile, and since such is the case, so should we. Rather than trying to change everyone to be something we think they should be, wouldn't it be a more Godly approach to receive our brothers and sisters in Christ as just that, our complete and whole family? I speak from experience when I say that, yes, I struggle with my own issues such as my weight. I never stop fighting but it is a struggle none the less; however, my faith in Christ is not a struggle. Does that make me less of a believer? No, not at all, and the same can be said for anyone who is different than me. You see, we don't need to change people, we don't need to look for what others need, no, we would all be better served if we kept the focus on our own issues and let everyone else do likewise, all the while praying for wisdom. Daily Prayer: Father, help me to keep focused on those things with which I struggle rather than looking at the challenges others face. Show me my weaknesses, I pray. In Jesus’ name, Amen. "Those who love Christ are redeemed by Him, not by any man or his opinion." Pastor Gene Burroughs

No comments:

Post a Comment