Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Been a long Time

Yes it has been more than just a little while since I last wrote, and while I do apologize I must say I just did not have it in me. For weeks now I have been trying to put pen to paper to no avail, unable to gather my thoughts for more than a millisecond, I simply stopped trying to think. Early Sunday morning past I found myself crying out to God "what is wrong with my mind?", and believe it or not He showed me! He showed me in a very strange vision that I had been deppressed and oppressed, not in the same way that I have been in the past, yet none the less both indeed. You see a spirit of deppression had settled upon me, so effective and deceptive was it that I didn't even see it, feel it, or recognize it until I cried out to God and He faithfully showed it to me. Upon seeing it, I was able to rebuke it, and upon rebuking I felt that it had left, however this feeling would be short lived.
Monday Morning I awoke with new and clear vision, I had a zeal to take on the world, a desire to return to my former joy, and so I did for at least a few hours. At 3:30 my mom came over delivering to me a not so happy twelve year old daughter whom she had rescued from school, you see mom has volunteered to take the girls to and from school for me on Mondays just to give a me a much needed break. Anyhow Michalela had a very bad day, first a girl pulled Michaela's pants down to her knees as she walked up the hill from the playground! Then as she topped the hill she finds that her backpack complete with all of her schoolwork and personal belongings was resting the boys restroom! No I am not making this up! Apparently we have some children who think it is no big deal to torment a fellow classmate who's mother is at home possibly dying of cancer! Then as if this were not enough for our family to deal with I go out to mow the lawn and have an attack from my Meniere's disease, better known as Vertigo on steroids. The result is loss of bodily function, violent vomiting, cold sweats, weakness and often hospitalization, the last time was for three days. There is no warning at all and these things are rough, this one, you guessed it the second worse I have ever had, took me out! Thank you Mom and Paul for coming over and sitting with me and the fam while the meds took over! yes my joy from the oppression was rather short lived. However let it be known it will be a cold day in H_ _ _ _ before I let the enemy get the best of me, or my family! Yes he used childish acts to get to my daughter and yes he disrupted our day and night, and yes he may even get a few more licks in, but if there is one thing I know it is this; "My God is in control!" The day of judgement for the enemy of our souls is in my opinion not far away, but nonetheless no matter how far away it is, he will suffer for eternity, and we will suffer only but for a while. And no matter how many fights he may win, or distractions he may throw our way he cannot change the future, and he cannot change our truths, he has lost, Christ has won the battle and since we are His we too have claim to victory, yahooo!
Dawn has been on her new chemo for seven days and so far her side effects have been very minimal, praise be to God! She is of course as beautiful as ever, and the wisdom continues to pass through her lips. Her energy level is waining some and for now we must limit any visits to strictly one hour once or twice a week, any more than that is too hard for her to recover from. Yes Dawn is very sick, and yes if she could she would love to see everyone, however the reality is she just cannot do so and still have quality time with her family. Please pray for our entire family, days like Monday truly do cause us great pain and suffering and while Dawn and I are able to handle it we cannot handle seeing our children hurting and scared. Strike up the band, pass the word, the enemy has gotten away with too much for too long it is time to send him packing let's pray!
Bless you all
Gene

6 comments:

  1. Oh Yes! God is in control!!! "I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." PRESSING ON!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is with us!! Let that dirty old enemy be buried forever and ever!!! Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. o Gene, of course my first instinct is to find out the name of the girl and who did the urinal incident and beat the crap out of them to be perfectly honest! but then the Holy Spirit knocks me upside my head and i remember that not only will i go to jail for that but it is not the right thing to do. i am soooo sorry though. it never ceases to amaze me who the enemy uses and where they can strike. will continue to be lifting you all up in prayer and rest in the fact that i am sure Pastor Jeff will deal with what happened monday is a more Christ like but nevertheless very adequate way. we think of you all often and wish there was somthing to do, just know that the larabee's luv u all lots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of a song: "When we all get to heaven, what a day of rejoicing that will be. When we all see Jesus, we'll sing and SHOUT the victory." I'm thinkin it is not too far away now for all of us. Even so, Come Lord Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like everyone else, I love Gene & Dawn and they are in my thoughts and prayers on a daily basis. I check this blog to check on Dawn & not bother Gene on a daily basis! But today when I read this, I felt really sad & mad! You see my children were involved in the incident. My daughter was walking next to Michaela & my son was the one who went into the bathroom to retrieve the backpack. There seems to be some misunderstanding about what happened & yes Pastor Jeff has talked to all of them! BUT it is still being talked about & emotions are so raw. First these are 12-14 year old kids and the adult who posted who wants to beat the crap out of them should be ashamed of herself for voicing that in a public forum & then praise Jesus in the same sentence!Especially when you do not know every detail! My case in point, it was my daughter who accidentally knocked one of the offenders lunch off of his tray, which led to much of this trouble! It was an accident but another girl was very rude to him about it, his feelings were hurt and lunch was ruined! Same girl was making fun of him about another girl who liked him in the same day. He had had enough!!!! So when the backpack was taken, it was sort of out of frustration because of the teasing!!!! AND JUST FOR THE RECORD< the backpack was in the bathroom like less than a few minutes, & it certainly was NOT thrown in the urinal or peed on!!!!! When my son went in to get it, it was handed right to him!!!!!!!!!!But this came about because of the teasing! Im sorry but Michaela is not innocent. THEY ARE ALL GUILTY!!! AND NOT ONE OF THOSE KIDS DID THIS BECAUSE DAWN HAS CANCER!!!! Michaela has not been targeted because of this, these are 12 year old kids! This happens in every school everywhere! We as parents pray that our kids will not be a bully or be bullied! But kids are kids! They dont realize that teasing sometimes goes too far & they are all guilty! Even if they are not the ones that say it, they laugh & that just crushes someone else!!!! What was done was wrong but there is way more to the story! So please remember that when you make comments that could offend or hurt others! There are others feeling involved as well! & remember we are the adults!

    ReplyDelete